CPL » Air Law (A) & (H) » Air Operations Crew Requirements
16.40 Air Operations Crew Requirements
16.40.2 State the CAR Part 135 crew qualification and experience requirements.
135.503 Assignment of flight crew duties
(a) A holder of an air operator certificate must ensure that every person assigned as a flight crew member on an air operation conducted under the authority of the certificate—
- (1) holds a current pilot licence and rating appropriate to the category of aircraft and to the tasks assigned; and
- (2) holds a current class 1 medical certificate appropriate to the task assigned; and
- (3) meets all the experience, training, and competency requirements for the task assigned; and
- (4) meets all route and aerodrome qualification requirements for the intended operation.
(b) A holder of an air operator certificate must designate, for each period of an air operation conducted under the authority of the certificate—
- (1) a pilot-in-command; and
- (2) a second-in-command when two or more pilots are assigned for the operation; and
- (3) any other flight crew member that may be required for the type of operation to be performed.
To see more, you must subscribe for licence "CPL" or sesssion "Air Law (A) & (H)"