CPL » Human Factors » First Aid
34.64 First Aid
34.64.2 Describe the basic principles of first aid.
Basic Principles of First Aid
- Safe response to emergencies for the benefit of casualties, bystanders and rescuers
- Securing the emergency site to reduce further harm to the casualty
- Using appropriate first aid procedures and techniques
- Safely moving the casualty, minimising pain and helping stabilise the condition
- Providing reassurance and guidance to the casualty
- Communication with bystanders and emergency services personnel
- Acting in accord with first aid protocol and workplace guidelines
To see more, please login.