Instructor » Flight Training » Instructor Famil
To familarise the trainee instructor with operation of the aircraft in the instructional role.
- Teaching by example
- Responsibility for student's safety
- Responsibilities are similar to a professional pilot, therefore similar attitudes are required.
Flying the Aircraft from the 2nd Pilot Position
- Unusual perception of horizon
- Restricted vision
- Restricted range of control movement
- Unfamiliar seating position
- Unfamiliar control positions
- Student into front seat at earliest possible opportunity, not more than 1 hour in 2nd pilot position
Passing Control from Instructor to Student and Back Again
- Drills used for ensuring clarity of message in flight
- Allow student adequate time to correct situation of them self before taking over control
- Control to be taken back before the possibility of the student's confidence being undermined by the situation
- Instructor must stay within the certified limits of the aircraft as well as their limits of taking over and correcting
To see more, please login.