Instructor » Flight Training » Passenger Brief
It is important to use words that will inform, not alarm your passengers.
- Operation of the door latches from the inside and outside.
- “Once inside, please keep your hands clear from all controls and switches at any point during the flight”.
Show how to fasten and unfasten the seat belt, and how to tighten and loosen.
Importantly show them how to release the belt.
- Confirm their belt is firm once they are seated.
How to put on
How to clip and unclip the strap
Where to put the microphone
How to operate the volume
When visor can be up or down
Keep on at all times unless told by the pilot
- Explain the operation of any fire extinguisher, location of any first aid kit and any axe.
Show the location of the Emergency Locator Beacon which is automatically activated and how to manually activate.
In the unlikely event of an off field landing, search and rescue will be deployed and the ELT/PLB will aid them with their search.
Therefore we will stay with the aircraft or at a safe distance making sure the beacon is switched on.
(You may/may not take the ELT with you depending whether is has a portable aerial).
- PLB's can be taken with you.
If you have life jackets explain the basic operation.
- Do not open them!!!
Getting Into the Aircraft
- Explain the correct procedure for the aircraft type.
We do have a heater and cold air vents so please inform me if you are hot or cold.
If at any point during the flight you feel unwell let me know, as soon as possible, sickbags may be available.
- We can also put cold air onto you which will help you feel better and land asap.
- There is no smoking at any point during the flight.
Portable Electronic Devices
- You may/may not use your mobile phone or electronic device at any point during this flight.
- must be secure.
Event of an Off-Field Landing
- Follow the instructions of the pilot.
- Ask if they have any questions, it is easier here than during an emergency situation!