Instructor » Flight Training » The Circuit
- to takeoff and follow published procedures that conform to the aerodrome traffic circuit;
- avoid conflict with other aircraft; and
- to carry out an approach and landing using the most suitable runway.
Right of way rules (ROW)
- aircraft landing have ROW over aircraft taking off.
- aircraft in the circuit has ROW over aircraft joining
- follow at a safe distance, do not overtake or cut in front of other aircraft
All turns in the circuit direction
- perform a left-hand aerodrome traffic circuit unless otherwise authorised or instructed by ATC
- perform a left-hand aerodrome traffic circuit unless the details published in the AIPNZ for the aerodrome specify a right-hand aerodrome traffic circuit
- Right hand circuit indicated by a black arrow
- the circuit height to be used when ATC is on watch is inserted on the aerodrome chart.
- 1000 feet AGL unless otherwise prescribed.
To see more, please login.