Instructor » Flight Training » Trimming
To be able to trim the gyro in pitch to relieve stick pressures and maintain attitude.
Rotor Head Trim
- Most gyrocopters have a rotor head trim to relieve the pilot of fore and aft pressures on the control stick.
- Some gyrocopters also have lateral trim to relieve the pilot of left and right pressures on the control stick.
- Can be ground adjusted or flight adjustable.
- Trim is used to help maintain an attitude, not used to change the attitude.
- Stops the pilot from becoming tired by continuously holding a pressure on the control stick.
- Used in steady phases of flight like straight and level, climbing and descending.
- Works by altering the angle of the rotor head.
To see more, you must subscribe for licence "Instructor" or sesssion "Flight Training"