Instructor » Section 1 » Privileges and Limitations
Privileges and Limitations
The holder of a Microlight Instructors Certificate may exercise the privileges of an Advanced National Pilot and;
- Give flight and ground Instruction in Microlight Aircraft.
- Authorise solo flight but not a pilot's first solo flight.
- Issue type ratings for type the instructor is type rated on.
- May receive payment for their time instructing on the ground. NOTE: it must be clear that the student is following a structured course of learning towards a pilot certificate and the operation is an accepted part of the local clubs operations. This is NOT a mechanism for commercial operations or joy rides or adventure aviation in any form, under the guise of trial flights or instruction.
- The holder shall not exercise the privileges of their Certificate unless within the immediately preceding 90 days they have carried out at least three take-offs and landings in a Microlight Aircraft
- The Instructor Certificate will be valid for the maximum of One Year.
To see more, please login.