Microlight » Air Law » Pilot Certificates
Novice Pilot Certificate
Requirements for Application or Renewal
An applicant for a Novice Pilot Certificate must:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Provide proof of Medical Fitness
- Provide application or proof as Fit and Proper
- There is no minimum flight time experience for this certificate
- There is no flight test for this certificate
Privileges and Limitations
A Novice Pilot Certificate authorises the holder to act, under the supervision of an Instructor, as pilot-in-command of a Microlight Aircraft that is not carrying a passenger, for the purpose of:
- Increasing their skill in order to qualify for the issue of a Certificate of higher qualification or
- Engaging in flying practice in order to qualify for a Certificate that is no longer valid.
- A Novice Pilot may not carry a passenger under any circumstance
- ALL flights must be approved by a RAANZ Instructor
- During all dual flights with an instructor the instructor is Pilot in Command
- Before first Solo flight approval is given a Novice Pilot must meet the requirements of Solo Flight.
- Continued solo authorisation requires a dual check at least every 90 days.
- Remote Supervision is available. The conditions outlined in Remote Supervision must be complied with.
- The Novice Pilot Certificate will be valid for the maximum of One Year.
To see more, please login.