Microlight » Aircraft Tech Knowledge » Basic Aerodynamic Theory
- Leading Edge - edge facing the airstream
- Trailing Edge - edge downstream
- Chord - straight line joining the leading and trailing edges
- Thickness - depth of the aerofoil
- Camber - curvature of a line equidistant between upper and lower surfaces.
- Angle of Attack - The angle between the Relative Airflow (RAF) and the Chord line.
Centre of Pressure
All aerodynamic forces on the aerofoil may be represented by a single resultant acting through a single point - this point is the centre of pressure.
To see more, please login.