Microlight » Flight Briefings (Gyroplane) » Climbing & Descending
Climbing & Descending
To climb & descend with a constant airspeed & direction and level off at pre-selected altitudes.
- Gyro is in equilibrium in a climb - constant speed and direction
- Rate of climb depends on power available
- Additional power available = a high rate of climb
Forces in a Climb
- Four forces in a climb - Lift, Weight, Thrust & Drag
- Thrust (T) is greater than Drag (D)
- Thrust = Drag + Rearward Component of Weight (RCW)
- Lift (L) is less than Weight (W)
- More power available = better climb performance
To see more, you must subscribe for licence "Microlight" or sesssion "Flight Briefings (Gyroplane)"