PPL » Air Law (A) & (H) » Aerodromes Lighting
4.78 Aerodromes Lighting
4.78.4 Describe the following lighting systems:
(a) Runway edge lighting (REDL);
- Is normally white for the usable portion of the runway.
(b) Runway landing threshold lighting (RTHL);
- May extend across the full width of the runway or have a clear gap about the central section.
- This lighting is normally uni-directional green, visible from the approach direction
(c) Runway end lighting (RENL);
- Is installed across the end of the runway.
- It may extend across the full width of the runway or have a clear gap about the central section.
- This lighting is normally uni-directional red, visible from the direction of the runway.
(d) Runway centreline lighting system (RCLL);
- A precision approach runway may also be provided with flush centre line lights over the whole length of the runway.
- This lighting will be coded to show white from the threshold to a point 914m from the runway end; alternate red and white between 914m and 300m from the runway end; and red between 300m and the runway end.
To see more, please login.