PPL » Air Law (A) & (H) » General Operating Restrictions
4.32 General Operating Restrictions
4.32.2 State the restrictions on smoking in an aircraft. CA Act 1990 S65N
65N No smoking or vaping
(1) Every person commits an offence who smokes or vapes—
- (a) when instructed not to smoke or vape by a crew member, passenger information signs, or placards; or
- (b) while on any aircraft that is carrying passengers for hire or reward on any internal flight; or
- (c) in contravention of section 96A(6).
- No person shall smoke or vape while on any aircraft operated by a New Zealand international airline carrying passengers on any route designated as a non-smoking route pursuant to this section.
(2) Every person who commits an offence against subsection (1) is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $2,500.
(3) In subsection (1), to smoke and to vape have meanings set out in section 96A(1).
- to smoke means to smoke, hold, or otherwise have control over an ignited product, weed, or plant; and smoked and smoking have corresponding meanings.
- to vape means to inhale using a vaping device or a heated tobacco product, and vaping has a corresponding meaning.