PPL » Air Law (A) & (H) » Flight Plans
4.56 Flight Plans
4.56.2 State the requirements for the filing of a flight plan for flight under VFR. CAR 91
91.307 VFR flight plan
(a) A pilot-in-command of an aircraft must submit a VFR flight plan to an appropriate ATS unit before starting any flight conducted under VFR if—
(1) the pilot-in-command plans to proceed more than 50 nm from shore; or
(2) the pilot-in-command requires an alerting service.
(b) In addition to the requirement in paragraph (a), a pilot-in-command of an aircraft may submit a VFR flight plan to an appropriate ATS unit for any other flight conducted under VFR.
(c) A VFR flight plan referred to in paragraphs (a) or (b) must include the following information:
(1) the aircraft registration and callsign:
(2) the type of aircraft to be used:
(3) the route including, if practicable for each route segment, aerodromes of departure and intended landing, estimated elapsed times, and time on the ground at each intermediate aerodrome:
(4) the SARTIME:
(5) fuel endurance:
(6) the total number of persons in the aircraft:
(7) the name and telephone contact details of the pilot-in-command: