PPL » Air Law (A) & (H) » General Meteorological Requirements and Restrictions
4.34 General Meteorological Requirements and Restrictions
4.34.2 State the met minima for VFR flight (A) or (H) in various airspace. CAR 91
91.301 VFR meteorological minima
(a) Except as provided in rule 91.303, and paragraphs (b) and (c), a pilotin-command must not operate an aircraft under VFR—
(1) when the flight visibility is less than that prescribed for the corresponding class of airspace in Table 4; or
(2) at a distance from clouds that is less than that prescribed for the corresponding class of airspace in Table 4.
(b) Except as provided in rule 91.303, a pilot-in-command must not perform a take-off or landing in an aircraft, or fly in the vicinity of an aerodrome, under VFR when the flight visibility, or the cloud ceiling, is less than—
(1) at aerodromes within a control zone, that prescribed in Table 5; and
(2) at aerodromes in uncontrolled airspace, that prescribed in Table 6.
(c) A pilot-in-command of—
(1) a helicopter may operate in Class G airspace with a flight visibility of less than 5 km if manoeuvred at a speed that gives adequate opportunity to observe other traffic or any obstructions in order to avoid collisions; and