PPL » Flight Radio » Phraseology and Procedures
2.12 Phraseology and Procedures
2.12.2 Demonstrate proficiency in standard radiotelephony phraseologies and procedures for:
(a) all VFR operations in controlled and uncontrolled airspace;
(b) taxi, take-off, approach and landing at controlled aerodromes, Flight Service aerodromes, aerodromes served by UNICOM, and uncontrolled aerodromes; and
(c) read-back instructions.
A pilot is required to acknowledge receipt of the ATC clearances or instructions by a full read back followed by the aircraft call sign.
Items of a message that require a read-back are:
- ATC route, approach and departure clearances including any amendment thereof;
- clearances to VFR flights to operate within controlled airspace, including entering or vacating the circuit;
- clearances and instructions (including conditional clearances) to operate on the manoeuvring area at a controlled aerodrome including:
- clearances and instructions to land on or take-off from any runway;
- clearances and instructions to enter, cross, taxi on, or backtrack on any runway;
- instructions to remain on or hold clear of any runway;
- taxi instructions including a taxi route and holding position where specified.
To see more, please login.