CPL » Air Law (A) & (H) » Air Operations Crew Requirements
16.40 Air Operations Crew Requirements
16.40.2 State the CAR Part 135 crew qualification and experience requirements.
135.503 Assignment of flight crew duties
(a) A holder of an air operator certificate must ensure that every person assigned as a flight crew member on an air operation conducted under the authority of the certificate—
- (1) holds a current pilot licence and rating appropriate to the category of aircraft and to the tasks assigned; and
- (2) holds a current class 1 medical certificate appropriate to the task assigned; and
- (3) meets all the experience, training, and competency requirements for the task assigned; and
- (4) meets all route and aerodrome qualification requirements for the intended operation.
(b) A holder of an air operator certificate must designate, for each period of an air operation conducted under the authority of the certificate—
- (1) a pilot-in-command; and
- (2) a second-in-command when two or more pilots are assigned for the operation; and
- (3) any other flight crew member that may be required for the type of operation to be performed.