ATPL » Air Law – Aeroplane » Air Operations Crew Requirements
36.40 Air Operations Crew Requirements
36.40.2 State the CAR Part 121 crew qualification and experience requirements.
121.505 Flight crew duty assignment
(a) A holder of an air operator certificate must, for an air operation conducted under the authority of the certificate, assign in writing—
- (1) a pilot who meets the requirements referred to in rule 121.507 as the designated pilot-in-command; and
- (2) any additional pilot who is required by the flight manual for the operation of the aeroplane and who must meet the requirements referred to in rule 121.507 or rule 121.509; and
- (3) any other pilot, qualified to act as pilot-in-command or as an additional pilot under paragraph (a)(2), who is required by the type of operation to be performed to augment the minimum flight crew specified in the aeroplane flight manual; and
- (4) if required by the type of operation, either—
- (i) a flight engineer who meets the requirements referred to in rule 121.513; or
- (ii) a cruise relief pilot who meets the requirements referred to in rule 121.511; or
- (iii) both a flight engineer, and a cruise relief pilot.
To see more, you must subscribe for licence "ATPL" or sesssion "Air Law – Aeroplane"