ATPL » Air Law – Helicopter » Air Operations Weight and Balance Requirements
37.48 Air Operations Weight and Balance Requirements
37.48.2 State the CAR Part 135 requirements for managing weight and balance of aircraft used on an air operation.
135.303 Goods, passenger, and baggage weights
(a) Subject to paragraphs (b), (c), and (d), a holder of an air operator certificate must ensure that for every air operation conducted under the authority of the certificate the weights of the following items that are carried on the aircraft are established:
- (1) the total weight of passengers:
- (2) the total weight of crew members:
- (3) the total weight of goods and baggage.
(b) The total weight of passengers (excluding their carry-on baggage (if any)) must be determined by using only 1 of the following:
- (1) the actual weight of every passenger:
- (2) a standard weight for every passenger that is established by the certificate holder and detailed in the certificate holder’s exposition:
- (3) a weight that is declared by the passenger plus an additional 4 kg for every passenger.
(c) The total weight of crew members (excluding their carry-on baggage (if any)) must be established by using—