Instructor » Flight Training » Straight and Level
STRAIGHT & LEVEL
To fly the gyro at a constant height, speed & direction.
The 4 Forces Acting on a Gyro in Flight.
Equilibrium – constant direction & constant airspeed
Lift = Weight Thrust = Drag
If a stick force is required to maintain S&L
- trim to remove the stick force
- Smooth throttle & stick operation
- Cruise RPM – 4800rpm
- Fuel management - pre-flight
- Oil T’s & P’s - green & normal
- VFR - Clear of cloud and in sight of the surface, visibility not less than 1500 m
- LOOKOUT -sectored scan
- Orientation – local landmarks
Select ref point on horizon
Select ref altitude
Demo: S&L @ 70kts/80mph @ 4800rpm
Note - attitude relative to horizon (level in pitch)
To see more, you must subscribe for licence "Instructor" or sesssion "Flight Training"