Microlight » Flight Briefings (Gyroplane) » Effects of Controls
Effects of Controls
To demonstrate the effect movement of the controls have on the gyro in flight and on the ground.
Two sets of controls that operate together
Stick, Pedals, Throttle & Brakes
Airflow over an aerofoil creates a low pressure
- A shape to create lift
- Moving the Rotor Disc or Rudder, changes its shape and/or the Angle of Attack
- Spiral column of air forced back by the propeller
- Anti-clockwise rotating propeller - creates a force on left side of rudder
- Clockwise rotating propeller - creates a force on right side of rudder
- Tendency of a body to remain in its current state
- On the ground - more power required to get it moving than to keep it moving
- In flight - will take time to slow down
- Controls engine power and thrust
- Push forward to increase power
- Pull back to decrease power
- On the stick
- To hold the desired attitude
- Holding stick back - trim back
- Holding stick forward - trim forward
- Smooth operation
T's & P's
- Green & normal
Handover of controls
- "I have control, you have control"
- "follow me through"
- Clear of cloud
- In sight of the surface
To see more, please login.